Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Live Review: Active Child @ Oxford Art Factory 29/01/2012

Video clip below.

Not many bands can boast having a multi-octave, falsetto-singing harpist as a frontman.

There are two sides to the band Active Child:  One of earlier material heavily infuenced by 80's New Wave electropop ala New Order / Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and; the more recent, maturer, R&B-tinged soul-chamber-pop.

When Pat Grossi unexpectedly joined the audience during support act Caitlin Park's set and stood beside me, I froze not knowing what to say. 
In between songs, I managed to tell him that they were my favourite newcomer of 2011; that I really enjoyed the album; found out that he was born in Philadelphia and now based in LA; offered him a drink to which he politely declined; and wished him a good show.

In hindsight, I should have requested an interview!!

Performing tracks from their Curtis Lane EP and You Are All I See LP, the evening was filled with beautifully uplifting and hypnotic songs balanced by boppy danceable electro numbers.




8.9/10


Bio

No comments:

Post a Comment